Admission into the undergraduate program is covered by the following guidelines:
- Graduates of Department of Education-accredited high schools may be admitted as freshmen into the University based on their performance in the UP College Admission Test (UPCAT) and their weighted average in the first three (3) years of high school;
- Applicants to the Certificate of Fine Arts Program do not need to take the UPCAT but must pass the talent test required;
- Applicants who are holders of the Philippine Educational Placement Test (PEPT) Certificate, in lieu of a high school diploma, may be admitted to the University provided they qualify in the UPCAT;
- Applicants who graduated from high schools abroad who have not enrolled in college may be admitted as beginning freshmen into a degree program with available slots without taking the UPCAT provided that they meet the following:
- completion of the high school program in the country where they had their education (933rd BOR Meeting: 30 October 1980). [This includes the completion of one- or two -year university education in a country where such is a prerequisite for admission to a Bachelor’s International Baccalaureate Diploma (IBE) and degree program];
- passing a college-qualifying national or international foreign-administered examination such as the General Certificate of Education (GCE) Examination or the Scholastic Aptitute Test (SAT) or equivalent examination (965th BOR Meeting: 23 February 1984) with the following minimum scores:
- GCE: three (3) ordinary level passes and two (2) advance level passes
- SAT: minimum total score of 1200 (for Math and Critical Reading only)
- IBE: International Baccalaureate Diploma; and
- in the case of an applicant whose native language or whose medium of instruction in the secondary school is not English, a score of at least 500 in the paper-based Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) , or at least 173 in the computerized form, or at least sixty-one (61) in Internet- Based Test [IBT];
- official result forms should be submitted upon entry or upon filing of application
- A graduate from high school abroad who fails to satisfy the requirements for automatic admission (i.e., item b above) may take the UPCAT;
- A Filipino who graduates from a secondary school abroad and applies for freshmen admission to the University must satisfy the same requirements as those for foreign students.
SOCIALIZED TUITION SYSTEM (STS)
UPCAT qualifiers are requested to log in for categorization in the Socialized Tuition System (STS). Please take note of the schedule for login, tuition discount application, and appeal activities for UPCAT qualifiers for AY 2016-2017.
|Login and application for tuition discount||April 4-15, 2016|
|Release of application results||April 18, 2016|
|Filing of additional information to reconsider application||April 18-22, 2016|
For more information, visit http://sts.up.edu.ph/
INSTRUCTIONS FOR CONFIRMATION TO ENROLL AT UP CEBU
UPCAT qualifiers for AY 2016-2017 should confirm their intention to enroll at UP Cebu on or before 29 April 2016. Confirmation may be done through several means.
- Personal Confirmation
Fill out the Reply Slip and submit to the Office of the College Secretary and Registrar at UP Cebu, Gorordo Ave., Lahug, Cebu City.
- Confirmation via Email
The email address is firstname.lastname@example.org . Your confirmation by email must include the following details:
- Student Number (You will find your student number in the notice of admission sent to you)
- Degree program you intend to enroll in
- Updated contact number (cellphone or landline)
- Confirmation through Mail
Send your accomplished Reply Slip toOffice of the College Secretary and Registrar
Gorordo Ave., Lahug
Cebu City 6000
INSTRUCTIONS ON APPEAL FOR RECONSIDERATION FOR ADMISSION
Applicants who failed to qualify for admission to UP Cebu but earned a UPG of 2.80 or higher and applicants who qualified in other UP campuses but wish to enroll at UP Cebu may appeal for reconsideration for admission.
- Write a letter of reconsideration addressed to the Atty. Liza D. Corro, Dean of UP Cebu, attention to Prof. Purita T. Baltazar, OIC, Office of the College Secretary and Registrar.
- Attach phocopy of your UPCAT result.
- Include in the letter two degree programs you are applying for listed in the order of priority.
Deadline for appeals for reconsideration is 29 April 2016.